Treasured in God's sight

One of my good friends, Mag, phoned me for a chat a few days ago.

It left me reflecting on more things than one. I am glad that she makes special effort to keep in touch with me regularly as a friend. Even during her courtship days with Q (a brother-in-Christ who is now her husband), and even after she married recently & is busy with matters concerning newly-weds, she still makes efforts to touch base with me. Although I have sometimes been too busy or tired to constantly talk or meet her, I am blessed to have such a sister-in-Christ.
Over the years, we had our share of disagreements and friction. We grew together through many bumps in the road as imperfect human beings.

Through the years, I learnt from Mag about being secure in who we are in Christ , about a feminine spirit , and about understanding how treasured & cherished a woman is in God's eyes.

I remember an article she gave me a few years ago about how a woman is like a lovely & fragrant flower that attracts without having to paint itself with loud colours or to push itself out to get attention.
Mag herself lived it out. She knew how much God cherished her. She never became impatient to the point of chasing a man for a relationship or a date.

Even in the times of waiting and trusting God with a hope deferred, she did not pursue Q but waited for the right man to woo her while remaining secure in God. God knew her heart.

Anyway, her advice to single sisters out there is to be open to friendships of all kinds with both men and women, and never to chase a man.

Mag recommends this website for all sisters out there! :) http://www.carolynmcculley.com/ .

No comments: