The Box with a Small Hole at the bottom

I was washing a plastic box in the kitchen this morning. It was a big box. To save time, after applying detergent on it , I thought I would let the water from the tap flow into it while I dashed to the bathroom.

When I returned, expecting to see the container filled with water, I was surprised to see that there was only a bit of water in it! Then, I remembered that there were two small holes at the bottom of the container. That was why, no matter how long I waited, the container was never going to be filled.

I was reminded that the container was like our spiritual lives. We want our spiritual life to be FILLED (with God's presence, goodness, the power of the Holy Spirit , you name it...) but if we neglect the small hole at the bottom (the small hole may be some persistent sin , mindset, habit, selfishness or unbelief , whatever it is that causes our spiritual life to "leak" away on a constant basis, or even a relationship that we are called to give up because it violates God's principles), we are never going to be filled.

God WANTS to bless, and God DESIRES to bless. He is always pouring his fullness into our lives, guaranteeing us a full LIFE ! But no matter how much He keeps pouring and pouring , if we ignore the small leak in our lives, justifying to ourselves that it is only an "insignificant" habit or a matter of perspective , or telling ourselves that God will forgive anyway (which is true), our spiritual lives will feel empty and we will be frustrated, wondering why and blaming God...

It is time to have a NEW LIFE. I need a new life. By God's grace, He has overcome. It is not going to be easy but the past is wiped away and the new has come. My future will be like the new pages of a new book. The only thing is to believe in the Victory that GOD has already given me!

No comments: